BioSA is a public corporation responsible for facilitating the growth of South Australia’s bioscience industry by accelerating the commercialisation of R&D in South Australia and assisting bioscience company formation.
The BioSA team offers high-level business development mentoring and managing; government grants; assistance with funding from private and public sources; access to infrastructure and strategic marketing and communications advice. Since the establishment of , the number of bioscience companies in South Australia has doubled. Approximately 100 bioscience companies currently operate in SA, employing more than 1,700 people. BioSA is also responsible for the operation of the BioSA Incubator – the only dedicated Life Science business incubator in Australia.
The Incubator has the capacity to house up to 16 early stage life science companies in purpose built, modular office and laboratory suites. The BioSA Incubator is located in the heart of the 7 hectare Thebarton Bioscience Precinct one of Australia’s largest commercial bioscience precincts. The Thebarton Bioscience Precinct has also recently been expanded and allotments are now available to companies interested in establishing new facilities in Adelaide.
With a focus on commercialising world-class research for global markets, BioSA has knowledge of the local sector, its key strengths, infrastructure requirements and capabilities and is the central information source for researchers and companies interested in what South Australian bioscience has to offer.
Number of employees
BioSA currently has 18 full-time staff in business development, infrastructure, finance and marketing.
Specific focus of company
BioSA is dedicated to facilitating the creation and growth of bioscience companies in South Australia. Its goal is to enable the creation of jobs and new bioscience companies. BioSA is currently seeking companies interested in establishing operations in South Australia and potential investors for South Australia’s bioscience companies.
Core Business definition
South Australia’s rapidly expanding bioscience industry is built on world-class research and is providing employment and wealth creation opportunities for the state. South Australia offers a number of competitive advantages to researchers and companies, including:
- Experienced pharmaceutical workforce skilled in technical operations, regulatory affairs, clinical trials, business development and marketing
- Leading pre-clinical and clinical trial capabilities
- Biopharmaceutical manufacturing, including modified release therapeutics, recombinant proteins and peptides, antibodies and growth factors
- Medical device and diagnostics development expertise
- New serviced allotments available within the 7 hectare commercial technology precinct at Thebarton
- The Southern Hemisphere’s largest agricultural bioscience precinct at The Waite which includes the world class Plant Genomics Centre
- Commercial opportunities focussing on biopharmaceuticals, agricultural and environmental bioscience and medical devices
- Cost effective business environment continuously ranked amongst the highest in the world
- High lifestyle standard
Main business focus/
Listing by sector:
|Contact person||Dr Jurgen Michaelis|
|Address||Level 15, 33 King William Street|
|Phone||+61 8 8217 6400|
|Fax||+61 8 8217 6416|